WELCOME TO THE "EVERYTHING LAW SCHOOL" BLOG

I would like to welcome everyone to my blog on "everything law school".

Please take full advantage of the resources available to you here and feel free to comment or email me about anything you would like to add or see done to the page.

Any additional resources that could be added to this page will only create opportunities of knowledge for those seeking it.

-LAW BABY

Monday, October 27, 2008

HOW I GOT STARTED

A little bit of background...

First and foremost allow me to say that I AM NOT IN LAW SCHOOL (not yet at least) and any advice deduced or deliberately given herein is strictly based on a personal experience. While I don't want to sound like a misleading infomercial - YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY - however parts of what I have experienced and currently experiencing are [at least i believe they are] universally applicable.

With that out of the way...
I started thinking about a legal education very early in my life, however thinking and doing are completely separate things. Only this summer was I ready to set up a mode of attack for gaining entry into the legal education world. While it is not an easy task, it is feasible in all accounts. A crucial thing to keep in mind is determination and motivation. 

For me the determination came after the motivation. While I have numerous friends who are in law schools all around the country, I am still baffled sometimes by their strong will and perseverance to continue. Law school is no college education, and not to be taken lightly. Toward the end of this summer I had a inspirational conversation with a very good friend of mine regarding law school. While he had been studying for the LSAT for quite sometime, I had been enjoying all aspects of life. His conversation focused on the aspect of motivation. He said that the exam played a major role in the admission process and that it was the "gatekeeper" of law school admission. While at first surprised and skeptical I researched the topic on my own and found his statements to be true. He also said that in order to succeed in this exam, the work must parallel the commitment.

The motivational factor for was the fact of seeing someone to be so determined to achieve a goal. So a month later I decided that it was time. Time to achieve my dream and succeed. I purchased materials (which will be discussed in a later article) and began slowly studying for the exam.

The equation one must keep in mind is Motivation + Determination = Success. The examination requires massive concentration and critical and analytical thought. One must be determined to succeed, motivated to further his/her dream and absolutely ready to give up some parts of their social life.

No comments: